Here are all the finished artwork I made using inspiration from Tim’s blog post on the first tag along with notes and comments:
1. Let It Snow Tag – The ribbon shown in this is taken from a pack of self adhesive ribbons, the wording is from a sheet of scrapbook stickers I found in my stash. The holly leaf is hand drawn and cut out and the pine cone alternative was attached to the tag using a twist tie from a pack of plastic food bags – I wanted the pine cones to be loose rather than stuck solid in place. I added a metallic silver edge to the tag to finish it off using Krylon silver marker. The tag background was created by stamping the Cuttlebug Harlequin Embossing Folder using Pearl White Paint which I then clear embossed, once the embossing was cool to the touch I smooshed over the top with a darker blue ink pad to give it interest.
2. Embossed Star Tag – the star embellishment is a shape I cut from board, I swiped it with versamark and embossed several layers of metallic embossing powders and glitters to make a centrepiece. The words STAR are brad letters which I painted silver with my Krylon. The ribbon is self adhesive and the bauble embellishments you can see at the top are large plastic beads from the pound shop threaded onto twist wire. The background on the tag was created with a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder which I stamped with Brilliance White Re-inker and clear embossed with my heat gun.
3. Joy Holly Tag – I used a torn piece of embossed handmade paper in the middle of the tag to give it a bit of bling, the holly berries are actually large round brads which I coloured with my permanent marker & I added glittery dot stickers along the bottom to give it a sparkle. The background on the tag was created using the Harlequin Cuttlebug Embossing folder which I stamped with Brilliance White Ink Pad and clear embossed.
4. Magic Poinsettia Tag – I actually had an accident with this poinsettia, my krylon gold pen spat gold splots all over it, so I used the printed MAGIC fabric label to cover up the mistakes. The background papers are torn pieces of handmade papers I had in my stash, I added a cigar label I also found in my stash as an alternative to a border as the colour matched the rest of the tag. I created the tags’s background by stencilling through a sheet of punchinella with white acrylic which I then embossed with clear ink.
5. Believe Holly Tag – the white part of the tag is printed hand made paper which I thought matched it, the pine cone is attached using a twist tie – I poked a hole through the tag to thread tie the pine cone with the twist tie and added brads for holly berries. The background on the tag was created using a swirl Crafters Workshop Template – I smooshed over with Versamark ink and clear embossed it then smooshed over it to give it a resist effect.
6. Snow Tag – The large white letters where out of a scrapbook lettering pack which I edged using silver krylon pen, the ribbon is self adhesive and very blingy! The background on the tag is stamped snowflakes which I embossed and then smooshed over the top with different shades of inks.
7. Joy Poinsettia Tag – the word is made up of brad letters, the blue paper in the centre of the tag is handmade paper torn into a strip, ribbon border is taken from a sheet of sticky ribbons. The tag background was created using Swirl Crafters Workshop Template and white pearl acrylic paint which I clear embossed then once cool I added a smoosh of Mediterranean Blue Brilliance Ink Pad to the tag surface to give it different shades of blue.
8. Holly Tag – The lower border on the tag is a left over piece of embossing background I had from creating all these tags, the paper at the top of the tag is a torn piece of glittery handmade paper. I added HOLLY word using letter brads, the ribbon was self adhesive and very blingy 🙂 I threaded 3 large silver beads onto a strip of twist wire for embellishments and used brads for holly leaves which I coloured with my pen. The tag background was created by stencilling through a crafters workshop stencil and heat embossing.
9. Snow ATC – I made this tag with 2 left over pieces of backgrounds I had; one is from using Crafters Workshop Stencil Masks, and the other from using the punchinella resist background as mentioned in my previous blog post. I added a self adhesive ribbon border to the left and smooshed it with ink to jazz it up. The SNOW word is made up of brad letters which I coloured using my krylon pen, to finish I added 3 Snowflake brads as embellishments.